Tanjung An in Color

Tanjung An, June 4th 2011

The first time I came to Tanjung An, I wasn't so lucky with the weather. The white sand of Tanjung An and the grey sky above wasn't a good combination to put into a frame. Hence, I turned all my pictures into black and white.

This time, I was really blessed with blue sky all the way, yes, all the way through my journey in Lombok. Hence, now I can present Tanjung An in color. Enjoy!!


 Welcome to Tanjung An!


Tanjung An is very well known for its super white and soft sand beach.

So soft is the sand that your foot sinks into the sand with every step you take. Feel the softness covering your feet, cast your eyes into the deep blue, and feel the magic.

  Just like the sand itself, the waves crushing on the beach are very gentle and can spread wide.

 But if you look afar, you'll see strong waves crushing on the rocks of a foothill standing on Indonesian Ocean. I'm amazed how the waves can turn so tamed when they reach the shore. As if it were 2 different places.

 It's not just about 2 different waves. It's also about 2 different type of sand. The other of Tanjung An beach has rough sand and with darker color. Here's the border line.

There's a giant rock on the beach which I like the reddish brown color. It makes a good artistic touch on the beach.

  If you climb up the rock, you can view Tanjung An from above. It's majestic.

No comments:

Post a Comment