Still In Black and White

Tanjung An, August 14th 2010

It had been drizzling and the sky wasn't good. However, the sediment stones, I found fascinating. Layer after layer piled up one after another. How many years did it take to happen? It looks like there had been an explosion that pushed the land inside and thus formed this cape called "An". People used to say "Aan", but actually it's pronounced "An".

This was the best color picture I could get in Tanjung An.

I should have climbed up the rock and taken a picture of the half-circle-like beach. It's ridicuously actually. Among all the places in Lombok, Tanjung An was the most-wanted-place for me to visit. And yet, in Tanjung An, I got the least photographs.

Don't think it looks like snow among those stones? It's white sand. The sand was so white and so smooth. It almost felt like flour.

The "house" of small sea shells in the sand was fascinating to me. The way they dug the sand formed motives which looked like flowers and maple leaves. The whole thing looks like a piece of cloth instead of a ground of sand.
Come, let's have a closer look.

You see the whole there in the centre? That's where the sea shell comes in and out throwing out the sand lump by lump. The tiny lump of sands forms this fascinating motive. I just can't imagine how the sea shell know when to go left, right, and how far to throw.
I'm thinking of making a greeting card out of this.

In a movie, when it's about a dream, the scene turns into black and white. So is it maybe with me. Tanjung An is still a dream for me. I haven't gotten enough yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment