The Road Less Traveled

All the way from Senaru to Loyok, June 4th 2011

Today will be a long journey. We will be crossing Lombok from North to South. Starting from Senaru, Loyok Village, Kuta, Tanjung An, and finish in Taun (West Sekotong). I rented a car for 600,000 IDR starting at 7:00 AM, finish at 7:00 PM, including driver and gasoline.

Not many who visits Lombok is willing to take this route. A friend who intended to go together at the beginning, rejected my itinerary of this route at once. Even the previous driver with whom I had a negotiation with, quoted me a big price. When I asked why, he answered,

"Route-nya nggak umum."

If translated into English, it's "the road less traveled".


 First, I made a shot with my Nokia N86. But then I couldn't stand it any longer. The view was too magnificent to leave uncaptured.

All the way along this road less traveled...

 ... inside a Kijang, sitting behind Pak Sofiar, our driver...

... unlike when I was in Kinabalu, I shared the excitement with myself.
 On the right side was Mount Rinjani seeing us off...

... and on the left side was Alas Strait waving hello.

  Since my seat was on the right, I only could capture the mountain views.

Since my seat was on the right, I only could capture the mountain views.

I gasped.

A close up of Mount Rinjani.

Pak Sofiar was more than a driver to me. He told us stories about the mountain, the people, and the tradition. He told the stories in such a way that everything I saw along this road less traveled became so real.

Mount Rinjani began to diminish from my sight.

The padi fields were spreading in golden green texture. Despite of the indifference I felt in the air, I asked Pak Sofiar whether we could stop.

To my relief he answered, "Sure! Just let me know wherever you'd like to stop!"

   While Maria stayed in the car, I walked to the padi fields, half laid down on the side of the field, and made shots like this. Yeah... I'm a city girl, you know... :P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment