Back to Sindang Gile

Senaru, June 3rd 2011

At the end of trekking session, we had lunch at Galang Ijo Restaurant which was right across Pondok Senaru. We were free to choose anything from the menu. I chose "Soto Ayam" which turned out to be more like "Sop Ayam". It consisted of much potatoes and carrots. The photo? It's lost in that fateful memory card. This picture of the restaurant I took the next morning, actually.

After lunch we returned to our room. I felt like soaked up with sweat, so I took a shower. Then I intended to sit on the verandah facing Mount Rinjani while editing my shots I had made since the night before.

But... the card wasn't accessible! I plugged and unplugged my card reader, no difference. I picked another memory card, inserted it in the card reader... no problem! I returned the inaccessible memory card into my camera. What??!! To make a long story short, I lost all the photos I had made with that memory card.
Lucky still I am that I have another memory card and... the entrance to Sindang Gile Waterfall was just next to Pondok Senaru. So back I am to Sindang Gile. At first I was worried I would have to pay the entrance ticket, but nobody was there. Nobody.

I also was worried I might be the only one going to Sindang Gile in the evening. My worry turned false. There were more people than the morning we came. My travelmate stayed at Pondok Senaru, because her knees ached.

 Another thing I was grateful for was the blue sky still hovering above.

Ah... I didn't realize that there was a piece of brush thread left behind my lens after I cleaned it in the morning. You see that thin line running across the frame?








I successfully made it back up the stairs and then to Pondok Senaru. My physical training at Gold Gym seemed to be beneficial.


No comments:

Post a Comment