No Man Is An Island

Gili Air, August 16th 2010

I am a sunrise-sunset-mad-traveler and have traveled quite a lot. However, I have never got a sunrise shot as easy as in Sunrise Hotel. I just needed to step out the hotel's gate, walk several steps, fix my tripod, ... and shoot. There were even couches on the beach where I could lay my camera backpack on. I also could change lenses while sitting on the couch without worrying of dropping my lens or filter on the sand. So practical, indeed. I was also blessed with a clear sky from the beginning of the first light till the sun fully rose above the horizon.

I think my mouth was half opened when I stood in front of Sunrise Hotel. I got the color I expected for. The color of sky before sunrise! I was thrilled.
Morning Walk
The best sunrise I ever experienced so far.

To Sunrise Hotel, Gili Air
Entering Sunrise Hotel
The bedroom is on the 2nd floor. I shot this from my balcony.
The dining room was by the side of the beach. The place was pleasant and so was the view. But our order took more than 15 minutes.
This is one of the shots I did with Nokia N86 in order to kill the time waiting for breakfast to come.
Thanks a bunch to my friend, Dina Julfiana, who kindly filled me with information about Lombok. It helped me a lot in planning my itinerary. But the most thing I am deeply grateful for is the information about "Sunrise Hotel" in Gili Air.

No comments:

Post a Comment