Arise!

Mawun, August 15th 2010

"Are you sure?" asked our driver when I told him to pick us up at 5:00 AM at our hotel. "Isn't it too early?" he asked.

"Okay, 5:15 then," I said.

So we checked out from Tastura Resort at Kuta and headed to Mawun. Through the winding and uphill road we arrived in Mawun in 15 minutes whereeas our driver said it would take 30 minutes and that's why I wanted to leave as early as possible. It was totally dark and the wind was blowing very, very, very hard.

"Do fishermen go fishing in times like this?" I asked our driver.

"Of course not," he replied. "Who dares?"

As the sun started to shine on, the wind gradually died down, and beauty revealed itself in front of my eyes. At first I was rather disappointed when I saw clouds covering the sun. But then, as the clouds turned pinkish, I found that the clouds were actually fascinating. This one I call "Cotton Candy Sunrise", because it reminds me of cotton candy.

And this one I call "Sunrise Explosion", because the clouds seemed like bursting into explosion. Don't you think so?

 This is the opposite side of where I shot sunrise. Yes, it's the west side. Therefore, either sunrise or sunset can be viewed on Mawun Beach.

P.S.
No vendors following around. Serenity is guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment